Oil or resin harvested form cannabis and marijuana is one of the most potent substances you can get from the plant. Cannabis oil contains concentrated amounts of the active compounds you would find in cannabis particularly THC which makes it a great recreational product to use. One of the most popular forms of cannabis and marijuana oil is butane honey oil (BHO). The production of butane honey oil involves using a BHO Extractor. Inside the extractor are the cannabis buds which are mixed with butane which strips the oil and resin from them.
One of the best things about BHO which has played a part in how popular it is, is the fact that you can purchase your own BHO Extractor and produce your own BHO at home. Other than your BHO extractor, you are going to need some liquid butane, obviously some cannabis buds and a few other items that you can easily find in your own home. Producing butane honey oil for your own supply can be quite fun and the process is fairly simple but it is important that you exert caution in doing so.
It may take a little trial and error before you will be able to come up with some BHO that you think is of good quality. To help you out, we are going to share some things that you should keep in mind in order for you to create good BHO and make things a lot more convenient in the long run.
- Use the right kind of butane – Remember that when you extract BHO you are going to be mixing the butane with your cannabis so you are going to want to make sure that you use good quality butane. Avoid camping butane as it can have undesirable additives you don’t want in your BHO.
- Coffee filters make great BHO filters – If you don’t have some filter to use in your BHO extractor, you can just make use of coffee filters or even a fine cloth put into the tube of your extractor. Both will work just find in filtering the mixture.
- Use isopropyl alcohol for easier cleaning – Cleaning out your BHO extractor can be quite a challenge especially considering that the residue inside can become hard to remove. To make things a lot easier for you, wash the inside with some isopropyl alcohol which will loosen the build up and remove the smallest of flecks.
- Let the mixture sit first after boiling – After you are done boiling the mixture to remove the liquid butane and separate it from the oil, you will want to let it sit somewhere warm and let it air dry for a couple of hours. This will allow the smallest butane remaining to evaporate leaving you with just the BHO.
- Ensure good storage and cleaning – When you are done using your BHO Extractor, make sure you thoroughly clean it out store it somewhere cool and dry. This will maintain your extractor so that you will still be able to make good BHO.