Commitment of Sustainability
We are committed to “walking the walk” and setting an example of sustainable ocean-friendly business practices.
We are passionate about raising awareness of the importance a healthy ocean plays in the life of every living being on this planet. Ocean icon and BLUE founding board member, Dr. Sylvia Earle can often be heard expressing a profound reality, “With every drop of water you drink, every breath you take, you’re connected to the sea. No matter where on Earth you live.”
Sustainability and responsibility are inseparable. If BLUE is to uphold our commitment to sustainability, we have to assess our impact, both positive and negative and take responsibility for our choices and actions. A primary goal for BLUE is to minimize our carbon footprint and overall environmental impact and we are pleased to partner with several helpful conservation organizations, waste recycling programs and sustainability initiatives that assist us in achieving this goal.
Reduce our Impact
We are working hard to reduce our event’s impact on the health of the ocean and the environment. BLUE is proactively engaging ways to reduce our total waste and our direct and indirect environmental footprint. To this end, we are very proud to be partners with several outstanding ocean conservation, waste reduction, and environmental sustainability initiatives.
How will we do this?
- Buy Local & Organic
- Choose Carbon Neutral and Eco-Friendly Products
- Eliminate Single Use Non-Biodegradable Plastics
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Participate in Food Waste Composting
- Utilize Alternative Energy Event Shuttles
- Offset what we can’t eliminate with grassroots initiatives
Increase our Impact
We are committed to raising awareness of the effect our individual and collective actions have on the health of our ocean, our planet and our quality of life. Through our festival events, we will engage people of all ages to better understand the importance of personal choice and corporate responsibility.
How will we do this?
- Support Green Business with our patronage
- Evaluate and discuss our own event’s solutions on social media sites
- Raise awareness of corporations dedication to ocean health and environmental responsibility
- Provide a forum for showcasing new environmentally sustainable and ocean friendly initiatives and technologies
- Encourage attendees to take a personal pledge of commitment to sustainability and tangible actions