Radon is dangerous. In fact, it is so dangerous that it is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States. It is a highly toxic and radioactive gas that is naturally occurring in soil all around the world. It is a result of the natural breakdown of uranium in the soil and can be found anywhere. As a result, you may be inhaling radon everyday without knowing it. It is also very toxic because it is hard to detect. You can not taste radon nor can you smell it, which makes it even more toxic as it is virtually undetectable without professional testing.
You can choose to test and remediate radon on your own. However it is highly advisable to not do this. Listed here are several of the many reasons as to why you should hire a radon contractor for your radon removal needs:
- You may mess up the testing. If you try and do it yourself, then you may mess up the testing as the testing can be very finicky and hard to do in the first place.
- You may mess up the installation of your radon reduction system. You may also install it wrong if you choose to do it yourself. This will end up causing you to use more time and money as you will then have to hire someone to come and fix your mistakes.
- You may not know if it is even working properly. If you don’t go through the right team of experts then you may install a system yourself and not even know if it is correctly and efficiently working.
- You need to find the right radon contractor who is certified. You will also want to work with the right contractor who is certified in order to ensure that everything is getting done properly and safely.
- It may cost you more time and money to do it yourself. As this can be very tricky to do on your own, it is highly likely that you will spend more money and time if you try to do it yourself then if you hire someone in the first place.
As you can see, radon is not something to mess with. If you want to ensure that your home is safe and sound, then you will want to be sure that you find the right team of experts that can help to ensure this for you. This is not something that you should try and do on your own. In fact, you will want to only work with experts in the field who can ensure that you do it properly and that the radon is being safely mitigated from your home.
If you are in the Colorado area and looking for the right team of radon contractors to take care of the problem for you, then you will want to reach out to the experts over at SWAT Environmental. They are the leading experts in radon remediation services and can help you find the right services for your needs.